Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-1.4 method trace ...

Hi Rodrigo,

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 21:57, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> this is due to calling get_uids and then get_object for each UID. This
> is how the calendar works and one thing I think should be removed (the
> get_uids call, which forces backends to load all objects at startup,
> making it too slow for things like connector.

	Right; surely propagating more semantic information such as:

Foo getAllEventsInDateRange (in DateTime start, in DateTime end);

	would allow more scope for optimisation; presumably there is no need to
get more data than can be viewed (at least at first ?).

> yes, one of the things I wanted to do was to do the query cache I added
> to the wombat to be in the client. Thus, queries would be loaded once,
> updated live, and re-used by all clients. I guess this should avoid a
> lot of CORBA calls.

	I suppose, from that trace it seems that there's little point in
avoiding those CORBA calls, since they're not the slow thing; OTOH.
caching may slow things down if done in the wrong place, add more code
and make things slower [ memory footprint etc. ] ;-) but ...

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot