[Evolution-hackers] imap cache proposal

here I am using Mozilla Mail because Evolution won't start for me anymore due to some breakage in gtkhtml (relocation errors).

Anyways, the idea is that if we make it so that the location of the IMAP cache is part of the account config rather than being a path that the imap store creates itself during instantiation, we could more easily delete the cache when the user deletes his/her account (because the mailer would know where the cache dir was). This is something we can't even do currently, but obviously need to be able to do.

This would also mean that if the hostname of the mail server changes, the new imap camel-object would also just magically re-use the existing cache dir rather than starting a whole new one.

We'd probably want to use some sort of random string or something (this sems to be what mozilla does) rather than "user hostname:port" as the cache dir name too.

Jeff