Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal
- From: "David B. Ritch" <dritch hpti com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- Cc: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, Evolution Hackers Mailing List <evolution-hackers ximian com>, Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal
- Date: 11 Jul 2003 15:29:21 -0400
I like this, too. A notification icon of some sort could let me know
when I have important new email. It might also be useful to be able to
tie it into the calendar client, either to notify the user of an
upcoming appointment, or to that someone else has modified a
On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 15:20, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 14:38, Calum Benson wrote:
> > Perhaps some well thought-out integration with the panel notification
> > area? On Windows most mail apps will alert you this way when you have
> > any new mail, but perhaps Evo could alert you when you have any new mail
> > in some designated subset of your folders?
> This sounds like a cool idea, actually.
> Maybe it could be done through a little box that changes color (or
> flashes) when any of the folders gets new mail. When you click on the
> box it would show you a list of the folders that have had new messages
> since you last checked, and you could click on them to go visit them
> (which in turn would remove them from their "pending" state).
> The box could also accept drag and drop of folders, and that would be
> the way you add folders you want to be notified of...?
> It might make for a neat panel hack.
> -- Ettore
David B. Ritch
High Performance Technologies, Inc.
] [Thread Prev