Re: [Evolution-hackers] Umlauts broken.

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 16:32, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> Michael, Jeff, what's the word on this?  The new tarball
> is ready but this sounds like a serious problem that we
> should not release with.

I just build evolution from todays anoncvs and can confirm that this
issue is no longer. It looks like I can write umlauts without any issues
anymore. But looking inside the code and proper testing from others
would be safe.

Ö  <-- OE
ö  <-- oe
Ü  <-- UE
ü  <-- ue
Ä  <-- AE
ä  <-- ae

What I noticed as well was, when I wrote the umlauts in last saturdays
build of evolution, they showed up as presented in my earlier email (the
initial one) and as soon you replied to it the chars increased and
replying to it again increased it again.

Here an example:

> Ã?  <-- UE
> Ì  <-- ue
> Ã?  <-- OE
> ö  <-- oe
> Ã?  <-- AE
> À  <-- ae

My initial mail showed up as this and here a quote when rodrigo replied
to me:

> Ã?Â?  <-- UE
> Ã?Å?  <-- ue
> Ã?Â?  <-- OE
> Ã?Â?  <-- AE
> Ã?â?¬  <-- ae

You see, the stuff doubled. A word became a longword.