Re: [Evolution-hackers] submitting patches against debian's evolution

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 15:45, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> depends what version of the source they are shipping and what branch
> you'd like your patch to be applied to.
>
> My guess is that debian does not ship a recent version, so patching it
> would probably be a waste of effort.

it includes 1.4.5, so I guess the patch would be ok, provided it's a
simple fix, since note that 1.4.x are not getting any more new features,
just fixes for important bugs.

If your patch is about a new feature or a bigger patch, you should use
evolution from CVS to patch that.

cheers