Re: [Evolution-hackers] Deadlock when accessing an in-proc address book (fwd)

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 20:13, Not Zed wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 16:12, Chris Toshok wrote:
> > Oh this is interesting - I hadn't thought about what would happen with
> > the POA threading policies in the inproc case.  I'm guessing they're
> > being ignored and everything is handled on a single thread.  And, since
> > we're not using recursive mutexes it hangs when trying to lock the mutex
> > for the second time.
> FWIW it wouldn' make any difference it if was a single thread or not,
> you'd still get a deadlock if you lock a resource then call something
> which calls somethign which tries to lock it again.

In this case it would, since the listener code should be executing in
another thread from the thread that initially makes the e_book call.
the listener code will notify on the cvar that the initial e_book thread
is waiting on.

The hang happens when the e_book call calls a corba method which calls
back into the listener, all on the same thread.

> > Michael, is there some way we can make the POA policies affect in-proc
> > calls as well (if they don't already?)

any idea, michael?

Chris