Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendars and Tasks integration

Il lun, 2003-08-18 alle 14:36, Ettore Perazzoli ha scritto:
> Alternatively, we could keep the current way, i.e. keep calendars and
> tasks separate components and have a way to select which tasks are being
> shown in the taskbar on the right.  However, I am afraid this might turn
> into an even bigger mess, since the user model would be more
> complicated, we would require the user to configure more stuff, etc.
>
> (For the record, on Outlook XP they pretty much keep doing it the old
> way...)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -- Ettore

I like the idea of keeping it separate. It probably makes sense to keep
the API separate, also, in a lot of situations. As for the list on the
right-hand side of the calendar widget, I think it makes sense to show
the tasks for the day/week/month/whatever, and have them be links to the
tasks component, or just edit them in-place. Not sure what UI-peeps
think about this, but it's like what I would probably do, if I were to
add tasks stuff into an IM client, or a tiny little list app that would
sit on my desktop, which is a good reason to keep the cal/tasks APIs
separate.

-- dobey