Re: [Evolution-hackers] Spam filtering thoughts

Il ven, 2003-08-08 alle 17:03, Dan Winship ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 16:19, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> >       * We put a button in the mail toolbar to mark a message as spam or
> >         not spam.  When a message gets marked by the user as spam or not
> >         spam, Evolution sends it to Spamassassin to train the filter
> >         accordingly.
>
> Do we want to support running "spamassassin -r" to report it to spam
> databases as well?
>
> And the inverse possibility; it would be nice to be able to check a box
> to turn on the "-L" flag (local tests only), since that speeds things up
> a lot and still does a very good job.

s/on/off/ :) We should do -L by default. I use -L anyway. I've not
gotten a single false negative that would benefit from having used
the remote databases that spamassassin could connect to. In fact,
the only ones that seem to be getting through now, after fine-tuning
the configuration for my spamassassin install, are the ones without
any message bodies at all. It's hard to classify something based on
absolutely nothing. :)

-- dobey