Re: [Evolution-hackers] server-side rule notes

>       * Groupwise, Sieve, and procmail support arbitrary combinations of
>         criteria

So you can do like (and (or foo bar) (and baz bic)) etc?

All the other stuff can be accommodated using different filter
implementation classes and some tweaks, but supporting this would
require a different editor or expression mechanism.  Do we need to be
able to do this?

>       * (Evo can also support arbitrary combinations if you enter an
>         s-expression directly. Exchange can store arbitrarily complex
>         rules if you don't care about them being editable in Outlook.
>         But we mostly do.)
>
> Criteria differences
>       * Text fields
>               * Evo supports "is", "contains", "starts with", "ends
>                 with", "matches regex", "matches soundex", and their
>                 negations

I wonder if we actually need all of those.  "soundex" and "ends with"
probably aren't terribly useful.

>               * Outlook and Sieve allow you to match on just the
>                 addr-spec part of an address if you want to.
>                       * Outlook does not support rules that match
>                         anywhere in the address. You have to do
>                         "addr-spec is", "addr-spec isn't" or
>                         "display-name contains"
>                       * Sieve does let you do arbitrary matches on the
>                         From or To field, and also lets you do things
>                         like "addr-spec matches * ximian com"

never really liked the way evo did it, perhaps it should separate
addr-spec from real name part like outlook.  But its pretty much neither
here nor there too.