Re: [Fwd: RE: [Evolution-hackers] making contacs more useful]

Il mer, 2003-08-06 alle 18:36, Adam Williams ha scritto:

> > Would the solution be LDAP support for the rest of applications? (
> > gnomemeeting, instant messaging... )
>
> We are talking about GNOME apps?  Why not create a CORBA/Bonobo
> service?  Then applications can use that for contact information, etc...
> Additional attributes should be definable pretty easily via XML
> descriptions.  Someone could then create an LDAP backend or sync module
> without too much trouble.

Read my other mail. This is exactly what wombat is. There are backends
for LDAP, local addressbook, Exchange, and SunONE. (At least, I think
there is some server addressbook stuff in SunONE, it may just be LDAP,
though. I don't recall specifics.)

-- dobey