Problems rendering PDF in 64 Studio

Hello Evince developers,

(I posted this before but it didn't appear in the archive, so I've
subscribed to the list to try again).

We've decided to make Evince the default document viewer in our
Debian-based distribution: http://64studio.com/

During testing, I've found that some PDFs can be rendered properly by
xpdf and kpdf, but not by Evince. I can send a screenshot from my
system if anybody wants one, and you can download the PDF in question
from:

http://linuxaudio.org/en/press/lud49-Audio_Libre.pdf

Even though the text appears garbled, if you select with the mouse and
do a copy and paste, the correct text is pasted into the new
document. So it appears to be a display bug rather than a complete
corruption of the file.

What I'd like to know is - is this a bug in our distribution, in
Debian, or in Evince itself? The binary we are currently using is
Evince version 0.4.0-1 from Debian etch (GNOME 2.10). If you could
try this PDF out and let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers!

Daniel