Features request

Hi all !

Evince is a good app. But so is kpdf :) . What convinced me to using it
is that it (she?) remembers the zoom level (page width) after closing
document.

Now to the point(s). I think this short list of features would make
evince even more compelling choice for a pdf/ps (and more) viewer:

1) Page changing with a key and mouse wheel. I press a key, then
scrolling mouse would change pages the same way as ctrl+[pg up/pg down]
does as of version 0.4.0 . I would see this feature with a ctrl key, and
the present function of ctrl (ctrl+mouse wheel , not the ctrl+[pg up/pg
down]) moved to alt. Summary :

`ctrl + mouse wheel` -  changing  a page
`alt +  mouse wheel`  -  change  zoom
`ctrl + [pg up/pg down]` - as is

I just feel it's the right way of doing things - the alt key is more
alt(ernative) than the ctrl key, which should be assigned to more
frequent activities.

2) Find should also work for all pages. At least as an option. The easy
way to implement it would be to search not only the pages that is beeing
viewed, but for the every consecutive as well. In this way there is no
need if we want to search in one page or entire document, becouse
searching entire document starts at the page actually viewed. There is
only one subtle thing - how to inform (in interactive mode ?) user that
the search result is positive outside current page. Probably marking
that we want search [one page/from here untill end of document/entire
document] would be a necessity.

3) I think the pop up window after mouse right-button such as in ggv
would be a welcome feature. It gives the impression that i actually work
upon a document instead of just glimpsing at it from a distance. But
more important is that i could request it from whatever part of  page,
unlike the toolbar. It doesn't come unwanted and is always close. I
rally like this menu in exatcly as it  was in ggv  namely :  {next ,
prev., first, last page, full screen mode, zoom in, zoom out, default
zoom (1:1), fit page, fit width, layout:{...} }. I really miss this one.
It could easily replace the toolbar in full screen mode. This directs us
to :

4) Full screen mode. I know there is one, but i must say....well it's
not like i would like it to be. First thing - i can not jump to page
with `ctrl + L` .  Worse than that - i can't even point at "adres bar"
and insert the page number i want to see, when in full screen mode.
    Second - every time i move mouse the toolbar pops up. This
definitely should be changed at least with an option . When i move a
mouse i rarely have the need to actually use the toolbar . Most of the
time i use it to scroll page down. Maybe toolbar should pop up for
example when we move cursor close to the (upper) edge of page (and
possibly after specified time - say .5 s). It is of no use anyway till
it reaches this edge (when we want to use the toolbar).
    Third - the toolbar is to big, at least to big to have it pop up
every time i move a mouse. It is quite annoying to see this clumsy thing
all the time. Maybe if it were...about 2/3 actual size...The present
size could be enabled as a option (like large icons or sth.)

5) Very cool would also be sliding document with mouse left-click kept.
Now mouse left button is assigned to selecting text (wchich is cool
too). I think, that marking tekst would be better done with ctrl key.
Then the left button would slide the document, again as it was in ggv.

6) There should be a way to hide menus to have even more space for
document. This is probably not possible without point 3.

7) There could be more control with shortcuts e.g. `ctrl + w` - fit
width , `ctrl + p` - fit page, `*` - normal size

I would also like to see evince remember session state with document
(where i ended last time), but i believe it's already in 'to do' list at
point document metadata. This should only work for documents i want to
be remembered (preferably the large ones)

Good work so far guys - looking forward for more goodies in evince,
actually can't wait for them. Thanks for time You sacrificed to this
project. Just keep working on it, ok ?...promise ?