Bugs With PDF

Hi All ~

I updated the Evince site a little while back to add some instructions on what to do with bugs in the PDF backend, Poppler.  Since some of the bugs filed against Evince are actually bugs against the PDF backend and not Evince we needed a procedure for moving them to the right area.  I wrote up this list of steps to follow for this situation.

The instructions require some help and cooperation from the reporter and developer to move the bug from the Evince bugzilla to the Poppler bugzilla.  If any point of this fails I suppose it's up to us to move the bug along.

Cheers,
~ Bryan

Take a look here:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evince/helping.html#poppler

Here are the steps:
-- COPIED FROM THE SITE --
  1. A bug filed is determined to be against the PDF backend
  2. An Evince developer should link to this page and request that the reporter follow these instructions for moving the bug to Poppler
  3. The reporter searches poppler bugzilla for similar bugs
  4. If no similar bugs are found the reporter opens a new bug against Poppler
  5. The new bug should contain the original report as well as the last couple comments that are most relative to the poppler backend, plus provide a link back to the Evince bug you are copying from.
  6. Add a link to the new Poppler bug in the original Evince bug
  7. Finally close the Evince bug (or ask an Evince hacker) NOTABUG