Re: automatic presentation mode

Le jeudi 14 juillet 2005 à 23:08 -0400, Pat Suwalski a écrit :
> Grant Farnsworth wrote:
> > I would be very sad to see fullscreen and presentation modes merged.  I
> > use both of these modes extensively and I think merging them will lead
> > to omission of important features and reduced usability for at least one
> > of these modes.
>
> I tend to agree here. As more and more people use the PDF format for
> presentations, I think it's important to have a distinct presentation
> mode that lacks all controls (akin to gthumb). I also think that it's
> important to have the fullscreen mode just for maximizing screen
> real-estate under normal viewing conditions (akin to Firefox).
>
> To merge them would introduce more complication, especially in terms of
> transitions and zooming.

These arguments sound right.
If we merge the 2 modes, the popup toolbar risks to become very
complicated to keep the same functionality.

Wouldn't it be easier to add a popup toolbar with presentation specific
options (a la totem)?
Like: start, pause, stop, delay between slides, ...

	G.

--
Guillaume Desmottes <cass skynet be>
Jabber <cassidy jabber belnet be>