Re: Failed to look up Font

В Птн, 30/12/2005 в 02:14 +0100, Sascha Heid пишет:
> Hi List.
>
> I often have that issue that Evince complains about "Error: Couldn't
> find a font for  blablabla" or "failed to look up blablabla" whereas
> kpdf does not seem to have that problem and shows the pdf fine.
>
> Shouldnt they both have access to the same fonts because they read the
> same dirs as declared in xorg.conf?
>
> What could cause this discrepancy?
>
> Also, if it fails to use the right font, couldn't it just use a
> different one thats still readable instead of this mash of exotic
> characters?
>
> Regards,
> Sascha

Hello Sascha

Well, this problem can be related to cairo poppler backend instead of
splash used in kpdf. But to be sure it's better to have document for
testing. Can you please create a poppler bug on bugs.freedesktop.org and
attach you document there. And before please checkout last poppler
version or at least 0.4.3 and test your document there.