document_save question

Hello

it looks like the various backends than now implement save could use
a factoring of what is common in that vfs-using function.  It does not seem
to matter what kind of document it is, as the saving deals with URI's.
So if I am not mistaken a function could be made in a common file and the backends
wrap it and just pass the URI to be saved ( DVI_DOCUMENT (document)->uri) ,thus the backends
won't each depend on gnome-vfs. I admit I am working again on getting a minimal patch against evince 0.5.0
to build it --without-gnome ;). But whatever seems sensible for the official code base too I'd like to get incorporated
if possible

thanks
Jani