Re: Getting find back to work

Jonathan Blandford wrote:
Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti gmail com> writes:

Hi,

this is a stopper for the release so we should try to solve it ASAP.

There are two issues:

1 Someone (jrb?) commented out the lock + get_result in
highlight_find_results function. I'm not sure what's the issue there
but we really need to solve it if we want find to work at all ;)

Sorry about that.  I didn't mean to commit that at all for the release.
The issue there is that we call that function on every expose event, and
thus get massive lock contention while scaling.  I removed it to make
continuous scrolling and resizing much smoother, but would prefer to
make the release with working find.

I removed the locking around ev_document_find_get_n_results() and ev_document_find_get_result() which was what was causing the lock contention. In our current document model there is no need for locking the document around these operations. So we get performance *and* working find for the release :-)

cheers,
Kristian