Re: feature request/feature discussion?

On 5/17/06, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
On 5/17/06, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl> wrote:
> På Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:36:41PM -0400, Luis Villa skrev:
> > Related to my email of last night, I'm wondering if there is a way
> > (more likely, would it be possible to add a way) to launch epiphany
> > without chrome (or with minimal, app-appropriate chrome) for more
> > app-like behavior?
> >
> > I'm thinking, for example, of the gmail case- it feels like it would
> > be nice to do something like:
> >
> > epiphany --no-chrome http://mail.google.com/
> >
> > and get an ephy window with no chrome, so that the webapp (which
> > really wants to be an app anyway) just gets an app window to itself.
>
> Perhaps something like this is a start:
>
>   epiphany "javascript:window.open('http://mail.google.com/', 'Gmail', 'toolbar=no');"
>
> It opens an empty window too, though...

Doh. Very close, very far. I might still use it for my launchers,
though- thanks, Wouter.

Luis (playing with window.close to see if he can get it to close the
empty window...)

Ah-ha. So, if you set:

dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows

to true in about:config

the following then does what I want:

epiphany "javascript:window.open('http://mail.google.com/', 'Gmail',
'toolbar=no'); window.close();"

This is gross and ugly but it'll do for my launchers for now ;) As I
said in the previous emails, though, I'd urge the ephy developers to
think about how this might be done better during this release cycle.

Luis