Re: [+gnome] Re: Usability: search dialog missing

På Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 08:21:30PM +0200, Jost Boekemeier skrev:
> Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> > Having two distinct user interfaces for exactly the same functionality
> > is [snip]

> incremental search is certainly not the same functionality as normal
> search. Even from the user's point of view it is more for
> advanced/experienced users who more are familier with the keyboard.

So, what exactly is the difference except for the instantly updating page
view? The standard editing controls can be used in the text entry, including
cursor keys to correct mistakes.

> > can be easily accessed by
> > Ctrl-G
> Depending on the keyboard layout and your ability to operate a pointing
> device while pressing two keys, this may or may not be easier, yes.
> Sometimes a third arm is useful...

In that case, the Edit->Find Next menu item can be used as well. If you
cannot operate a pointing device, navigating to the menu item is just as
hard as navigating to the dialog that you positioned at the side of the
screen. Btw, how did you move the dialog to the side of the screen if you
cannot operate a mouse?

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

sugar sugar :: you couldn't taste it :: in my throat         -- heather nova