SVG and fonts

I'm on a Debian Sid system trying to open an SVG file. Epiphany, well I
guess it's actually the Mozilla part of things, complains that Freetype2
fonts aren't available. I'm directed to steps 2-7 on[1].

This page[2] says that FreeType2 only should be enabled on non-xft
Mozilla builds. I Mozilla in Sid, and by extension epiphany, xft enabled
or not?

And finally, how do I get text in SVG images to show in epiphany?

/M

1. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/fonts/unix/enabling_truetype.html
2. http://www.geocities.com/pratiksolanki/old-index.html

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

If our ideas of intellectual property are wrong, we must change them,
improve them and return them to their original purpose. When
intellectual property rules diminish the supply of new ideas, they
steal from all of us.
     -- Andrew Brown, November 19, 2005, The Guardian