Re: Fwd: what is the reason for not making epiphany the default browser?

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 13:32 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:20 +0000, Crispin Flowerday wrote:
> > Personally I have _never_ used alt+d to get to the location entry in any
> > browser, looking at IE it isn't at all clear that that is what it does.
> > Perhaps it works in IE as the German A_ddress text is translated to
> > something else with a different accel ?
> >

> If your solution to a problem sounds like "well, we do A, then B, then
> we just get all the users to change their behavior", it's the wrong
> solution.

Somebody's got to change their behaviour. You're suggesting that the
habits of IE users are more important than those of people who speak the
German language, not to mention any other languages that may use a word
beginning with D for a menu.

I'm quite glad that keeping a consistent interface across languages is a
higher priority than copying Windows in as many ways as possible.

-Phil Hagelberg

http://technomancy.us