Re: Use del.icio.us to automatically suggest topics for bookmarks

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:58 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 06:04:27PM +0100, Pete O'Grady wrote:
> >Following a discussion on IRC this morning about using
> >del.icio.us<http://del.icio.us>to suggest topics for new bookmarks I
> >decided to do some more investigation.
>
> Very cool idea! I'd be very interested in it, let me know when you
> publish the source.
>
> This would go nicely with my epilicious plugin :)
>
> /M

I've uploaded 0.0.1 to http://www.peteogrady.com/projects/poptag/

this version loads interactively through the python console or can be
run from the command line...

has a couple more methods too:
getPopularTags(string url) -> returns a list of all tags that occur more
than once
getTags(string url) -> returns a list all tags

I'm sure the code I wrote can be cleaned up if needs be (no error
checking etc) - I'm not the worlds greatest Python programmer :)

I'll leave it at that really until someone thinks of something fun to do
with it ;) http://www.dsl.uow.edu.au/~harvey/mockup.png

Pete