Re: Flash ads sucking all my CPU

Hello Lee,

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

Is there a way to prevent stupid Flash ads from eating 40, 50, 100% of
my CPU?  This is a big problem as there's no easy way to stop them
(unchecking "Play" and "Loop" don't do anything).

Uninstalling the Flash plugin would be one approach worth to consider...
;-)

I don't have this problem on that other OS.

Unfortunately this is a problem specific to the Linux Flashplugin. Since it's closed source, there's nothing we can do about it.

That said, you may want to use a Flash click-to-play approach. Read the mail I sent in reply to Ryan's question today for instructions.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen