flashblock or flashblock-alike for epiphany?

Hello,

Some time ago, I was able to use the firefox "Flashblock" extension in
Epiphany.  This extension substitutes a clickable button for flash
animations, and delays the playback of the animations until that
button is clicked.  As more websites now are abusing flash animations
for things such as window popups.  Unfortunately I am unable to run
this extension in Epiphany at the current time.

I've followed the instructions at
http://gnome-hacks.jodrell.net/hacks.html?id=63 with no success.  The
perl script included on that page no longer functions, as it requires
downloading a file that is no longer available and is also not
googleable.  Furthermore, the workarounds suggested on that page (what
I had used previously) do not function with my current setup (Ubuntu
5.10, Epiphany 1.8.2).

The failure I am getting is that I can install the .xpi in Epiphany,
which informs me that it will be enabled "when I restart firefox", but
the flashblock functionality is missing.  I am able to continue
re-installing the XPI with no effect.  Adding all of the about:config
items from firefox (that I know of) has no effect on the failed
result.

Has anyone had luck with getting the flashblock extension to work on
Epiphany recently, and if so can someone give me a tip in this regard?
 If not, is there an epiphany extension currently or in the works that
offers similar functionality?

Cheers,
-rt-