Re: Small patches

Hi Peter,

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Peter Harvey wrote:

Should we consider converting all "->" style topics to sets of topics when reading old epiphany bookmark files?

Hmm, we must be careful with messing around with these "forced" hierarchies, people who depend on them might not like it very much if we just go and change their existing bookmark structure for them. If you can do it in a way that more-or-less preserves that existing structure, only then I'd say go ahead.

Maybe it would be nice to have an 'Automatic recategorize bookmarks' function that would replace the "->" topics, find likely duplicates in different topics and propose to replace them with one bookmark under multiple topics, match existing bookmarks against topics that would have been suggested if the bookmark would be added right now, etc. The function would propose a list of changes at completion which the user could individually agree with or cancel.

Just thinking aloud here...

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778