Re: Import bookmarks with any subfolder becoming its own topic

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 00:31 +0200, Norman Jonas wrote:
> I would like to import my bookmarks from Firefox to Epiphany. Deeper
> categories are imported as "->" topics. But I want every (sub-)category
> to be interpreted as topic.

> Furthermore I propose that this should
> be the default way to import bookmarks. Because that way every user
> would see how powerful the topic based bookmark approach is - especially
> in conjunction with Peter Harvey's patch. With the patch epiphany
> bookmarks can be exported to a convinient hierarchy to the "old"
> bookmarks format as well...

The sub-topics are a concession to numerous complaints about too many
bookmarks after import. Epiphany used to work the way you suggest.
Hopefully, once Peter Harvey's patch is merged Epiphany will import
properly once more; maybe then the sub-topic hack could be removed for
good.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>