Epiphany Bookmarks and Toolbar Patch

I have a question concerning Peter Harvey's  bookmarks and toolbar
patch. IMHO this patch is something that makes the topic based bookmarks
approach really work. But as of yet it is supplied as a patch ( which
doesn't even compile atm for me, which I'll discuss in another thread ).
So my question is if there is a chance that this patch gets either be
integrated into epiphany - or if it could be done as an extension. The
latter has been discussed marginally sometime ago and I think that the
outcome was that there is not yet the possibility to make it become an
extension. So whats the current state ?

Best regards,

Norman