Re: Proposal for bookmarks/history database

Slightly updated table layout:

-------------------

# parent-child relationships between nodes
table 'set'
 int parent
 int child

# data related to high-level nodes that are used to organise all the other nodes
table 'groupings'
 int id
 string name

# data related to page bookmarks
table 'bookmarks'
 int id
 string url
 string title
 string icon

# data related to page visits, needs to be separate from bookmarks
table 'visits'
 int id
 string url
 string title
 string title
 date visited

# data related to search engines
table 'searches'
 int id
 string prefix
 string suffix
 string title
 string icon

# data related to user-specified topics
table 'topics'
 int id
 string name

# data related to sites (kind of like automatic topics)
table 'sites'
 int id
 string name

-------------------

To give some interesting examples:
- with this table layout we can have bookmarks associated with topics (as usual)
- we can have page visits associated with topics
- we can have bookmarks associated with sites
- we can have a topic that is also a bookmark (hmm, is that a good idea?)

If people insist:
- we can have bookmarks which are also searches
- we can write an extension to have keywords for each search

Just to explain how that last option works, an extension would create:
 table 'keywords'
   int id
   string key
and add
 (some unique number, 'keywords') to the groupings table
then proceed to associate keyword data with whichever nodes the user wishes.

Regards,
Peter.