Re: Setting Acroread as the default pdf viewer

On 5/15/05, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
> > I would like to set Acroread as the default pdf viewer of Epiphany.
> > Could somebody here please help me? I am running KDE 3.3 on Mandriva
> > LE2005.
>
> First: Are you running the commercial edition of LE2005? If you are, did
> you install the Acrobat Reader 7 package from the installation CD/DVD?
> It should correctly install Acroread for integration with Mandriva. If
> you are using the package from Adobe, it might need a little more manual
> tweaking.
>
> Although you may run Epiphany under KDE, it is designed to be run in
> conjunction with the GNOME desktop environment. Epiphany will therefore
> pick whatever application for a certain document type is specified as
> the preferred handler in GNOME. You could try to run Nautilus (perhaps
> you will have to log in in a GNOME session), right click a PDF file,
> select Properties, go to the Open With tab and all available PDF readers
> should be listed there. Select the one you want and Epiphany should use
> this from that moment on.
>
> If you have any more feedback or questions, don't hesitate to ask.
>
> P.S. If you like Epiphany, you may also like Evince, the new GNOME
> viewer for PDF and PS files. You can find it in Mandriva's contrib
> repository.

Thanks, Reinout. The problem is that I do not have GNOME installed and
to run Nautilus I need to install a bunch of packages. Then, I would
like to ask what is the file where Epiphany goes to learn what pdf
viewer to use. I believe that would solve the problem.

Acroread works fine on my computer, but I have not installed the
Mandriva package; I have installed the Adobe one.

Regards,

Paul