Re: jhbuilding firefox?

On 6/9/05, Christian Persch <chpe stud uni-saarland de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le jeudi 09 juin 2005 à 14:11 -0400, Luis Villa a écrit :
> > Given that the reality seems to be that everyone is building/shipping
> > epiphany against firefox these days, instead of against mozilla, has
> > anyone here given any thought to making jhbuild build firefox instead
> > of mozilla? It looks like at least some changes would be necessary to
> > the the mozillamodule component of firefox, but I'm not expert enough
> > with the firefox build process[1] to be entirely sure of what to do
> > there. Has anyone else played with this or hacked on it at all?
> >
> > Thinking out loud, hoping something sticks-
> > Luis
> >
> > [1] nor is the web very helpful finding out how to build firefox
>
> Yeah, it's not easy to find the right instructions.
> http://www.mozilla.org/build/configure-build.html is the right place, I
> think.

Yeah, I found that... I just found those instructions sort of... uh,
scattered :) And it seems like in at least some places they sort of
differ from what jhbuild is doing with mozilla. Which of course makes
things messier ;)

> AFAIK jhbuild supports building firefox _trunk_ already;

There isn't a target, at least :/

> building 1.0
> was somewhat more difficult iirc ---I don't remember how to do it,
> exactly :/

Assuming trunk will become 1.1, that's probably more
interesting/important to test anyway.

> If someone was to do the work to get jhbuild to build ff 1.0, I'm in
> favour of switching the 2.12 moduleset to ff 1.0 now; otherwise I'll
> wait until gecko1.8/ff1.1 release to do that.

Ah, right... 1.1 is expected after 2.12, right?

Luis