Re: caret browsing

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 01:54 +1000, Michael Wardle wrote:
> I would expect the Escape key to exit from such a mode if it was
> initially disabled but then enabled it by clicking inside a page.  This
> is a function I've come to expect the Escape key to perform in many
> applications.  I also note that Escape exits from the new type-ahead
> bar, and find this works very well.

But for the people for which caret mode was designed, it is something
they would *never* want to exit. And making Escape cancel it leads to
all sorts of confusing scenarios (e.g., what if the user is "find"-ing
something in full-screen mode with caret mode turned on...).

Caret mode is meant to be easy-to-find for the people who want it, and
invisible to everyone else. If that's not the case, it's certainly a
bug, but I'd guess that the proper solution would be to document it
better. No great idea (for where to put the sentence, "If you've got a
cursor on your page that annoys the hell out of you...") springs to my
mind... any thoughts?

> Am I correct in assuming this feature is now enabled by default in
> Epiphany?

It's an option, and it's off by default.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>