Re: Browser re-org

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 13:52 -0300, Matthew Thomas wrote:
> Why should you need to have a browser window open to do this? This
> seems like something that should be in the panel, not inside Epiphany.

Yeah, totally an option.  And probably the best way to move this kind of
thing in the future.

> > One other thing that I need some help figuring out how to do is to only
> > get the text of the part of the web page that people have seen.  This
> > is a tuning of the other idea towards this "Remember the stuff I've
> > seen" goal.  If I haven't seen it we might want to remember it, but
> > not as high a ranking as the stuff i have actually seen.
>
> Do you mean the part of the page you scrolled through, as opposed to
> the part you didn't scroll through?

Yep.  If you only view the first 2 pages of a 10 page document I'm
interested in doing some kind of weighting strategy for the part you've
seen vs. the parts you haven't.  Since I have control of the broswer
window it'd be cool to take advantage of this info.  Obviously you'd
probably show the results in a similar to Google style, but this would
weight the pages you viewed higher than the pages you didn't.

~ Bryan