Re: New extension: Actions

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:56:28 +0100
Christian Persch <chpe gnome org> wrote:

> Half-way through the review I realised I don't like the way you store
> the actions and all in gconf; it's not made for that. You should use a
> different way, probably a EphyNodeDb.

Ok, I'll fix that. I'll also fix the coding style issues that you and
Adam mention.

> +      else			/* cancelled, window closed, etc */
> +	{
> +	  EphyDialog *edialog = EPHY_DIALOG(pdialog);
> +
> +	  ephy_dialog_set_pref(edialog, "name_entry", NULL);
> +	  ephy_dialog_set_pref(edialog, "description_entry", NULL);
> +	  ephy_dialog_set_pref(edialog, "command_entry", NULL);
> +	  ephy_dialog_set_pref(edialog, "applies_to_pages_check", NULL);
> +	  ephy_dialog_set_pref(edialog, "applies_to_images_check", NULL);
> Why are you setting the prefs to NULL on cancel, and afterwards
> destroy the dialogue?

Because if I don't set the prefs to NULL, ephy-dialog will store the
control values in GConf when the dialog is destroyed, thus creating a
new action. It doesn't matter anymore, since I'll now be using an
EphyNodeDb or something.

I'll epiphanize the extension and send a new patch.

Thanks for the feedback,

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

jylefort brutele be