Re: anyone know of a collection of smart bookmarks?

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 15:25 +0000, Sean Hammond wrote:
> I know that epiphany only comes with one smart bookmark and there is
> no gui for making smart bookmarks... the epiphany website points to
> the list of smart bookmarks on the galeon website but that list has
> been down for ages... does anyone know where I can find a repository
> of smart bookmarks to choose from, or does anyone have their own
> collection online or that they could publish?

Epiphany's "smart bookmarks" are like regular bookmarks, but they
contain the phrase "%s". So to create a smart bookmark to, say, Google
Groups:

1. Run a Google Groups search -- e.g., for "foo".
2. Bookmark the result, with the name "Google Groups"
3. Enter the Bookmarks Editor, right-click on your Google Groups
bookmark, and click on "Properties"
4. In the URL, replace your search terms (e.g., "foo") with the two
characters, "%s"

Enjoy!

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>