Re: Feed icon

Hi Luis,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Luis Villa wrote:

Definitely should do it.

The Newsfeed extension currently uses a stock icon (stock/net/stock_hyperlink-toolbar.png, if I'm not mistaken) - wouldn't it make sense to request to add the orange feed icon as a stock icon and start using it after that?

That said, see:
http://tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2005/12/18/Orange

for why this is only a partial solution.

Yup, maybe the newsfeed extension could have an additional menu item (toolbar button???) somewhere to make subscribing to a feed more obvious. Currently you have to click on the feed-icon in the statusbar.

Maybe GNOME needs a default RSS reader app we could depend on...

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778