Epiphany 1.9.3 released
- From: Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: epiphany-list gnome org
- Subject: Epiphany 1.9.3 released
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:05:54 +0100 (CET)
What is it?
Epiphany is the GNOME web browser, based on the mozilla rendering
engine. It aims to be simple and easy to use.
Epiphany 1.9.3 is the third release in the development series leading up
to GNOME 2.14. In this release, improvements to the Find bar have been
made and a Certificate manager has been included.
Changes from Epiphany 1.9.2 to 1.9.3
* Add certificate manager. Patch by Robert Marcano and Crispin
Flowerday. Fixes bug #119090.
* Fix crash when adding a cookie while the dialogue is open.
* Close the find toolbar when loading a new page. Fixes #321747.
* Forward up/down/page up/page down from the findbar entry to the
* Fix a compile warning, and don't bother requesting a close if the
find bar is already closed
* Remove the paper selector from the print setup dialogue, we have
one in the print dialogue already.
* Fix spacings to be HIG compliant. Set window roles.
* Add image/x-png type to list of safe mime types.
* While in find mode, set the selection colour to "attention".
* Refactor find toolbar closing not to crash with auto-closing
popups. Unset the selection colour on close.
* Open the PDM dialogue on the cookies page scrolled to show the
cookies of the currently loaded page, if there are any. Sort
cookies by domain. Allow treeview typeaheadfind search to find
by substring not prefix.
* Add chrome: and resource: to the safe list; otherwise forms
and scrollbars break. Fixes bug #316498.
* Delay reloads when we get many change notifications in a short
time. Fixes bug #319993.
* Add F5 as accelerator for reload.
* Set the model's sort column only after filling it. Vastly reduces
delay when opening the PDM dialogue when you have many cookies.
* Prettify Certificate Revocation List import dialogue. Fixes
* Don't put the prefs/pdm dialogue over all windows. Make the
add-language dialogue modal to the prefs dialogue.
* Mark message for translation. Patch by Guilherme de S. Pastore,
fixes bug #319988.
* Transition over to the Galeon mechanism for handling extra
keybindings. This maps the keybindings to actions so that no extra
actions are required. The only subtlety is that some of the
actions come from the toolbar, so access to its action group is
Contributors to this release: Crispin Flowerday, Philip Langdale,
Robert Marcano, Christian Persch, Guilherme de S. Pastore and
Reinout van Schouwen.
* Ales Nyakhaychyk (be)
* Rostislav "zbrox" Raykov (bg)
* Miloslav Trmac (cs)
* Nikos Charonitakis (el)
* Adam Weinberger (en_CA)
* Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es)
* Priit Laes (et)
* Ignacio Casal Quinteiro (gl)
* Ankit Patel (gu)
* Žygimantas Beručka (lt)
* Kjartan Maraas (nb)
* Åsmund Skjæveland (nn)
* Kjartan Maraas (no)
* Marcel Telka (sk)
* Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (th)
* Liu Songhe (zh_CN)
* Chao-Hsiung Liao (zh_TW)
Where can I get it?
Epiphany source code:
with SHA1 sum f868c1ba7b8df58660d13ee07bf6e2e7632be0c9.
Epiphany 1.9.3 requires mozilla 1.7, 1.7.x, 1.7 branch, 1.8b2 or trunk,
or firefox 1.0.x, 1.5 or trunk. The recommended version is Mozilla
Epiphany-extensions 1.9.3 has been released together with Epiphany
1.9.3. Some new extensions are included:
* "Java Console" extension, by Mathias Hasselmann
* "Push Scroller" extension, by Samuel Abels
Epiphany-extensions source code:
with SHA1 sum 3fcd4c03957c9bfa87706c30a6b3c5119e812e56.
The Epiphany team
] [Thread Prev