Re: Trouble connecting

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 21:57:03 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> Sounds like you may want to go look for a different ISP... :-)

	With a vengeance! The day one becomes available.

 I may even subscribe to dialup, just to have something that at least
 works. Or satellite. Or both.

We're supposed to be getting "wireless broadband" from verizon along about
the first of the year. Lish me wuck.

> The proxy settings Epiphany listens to are in the GNOME control center.
> Look under the Desktop menu under Preferences, Network Proxy. You can
> try to disable the proxy there.

I got to fiddling with that, and also with Network under Desktop > System
Settings yesterday. Turned out that still had all the IPs from the
previous router -- and not even 127.0.0.1 loopback. My attempts to add
it somehow got all the others erased -- and, anyway, it works now.
Must've done something right, just about where you say. Thanks!

>> Also, if I change a setting in about:config, what do I do to make it
>> take?
>
> about:config changes will be remembered automatically, but if you find a
> case where you absolutely need to use about:config in Epiphany, please
> file a bug - it shouldn't be necessary.

It's not need; I just want to adjust Epiphany to do some things about the
way my other browsers do. (Haven't gotten my head around the extensions
yet.) Thanks again!

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
No one can ever have enough books, pockets, friends,