Re: Downloads folder and more

Hi,

Le vendredi 29 avril 2005 à 21:27 +0200, Dennis Heuer a écrit :
> The problem seems to be related to the way of writing down the path to
> the folder. When I change the downloads folder in epiphany (with gtk
> filechooser), it works fine. When I change it in gconf-editor, it
> doesn't work because it seems that I have to explicitly put '~/' before
> the folder name. The original folder, 'Downloads', was just written as
> is. There seems to be a special treatment of 'original' or 'default'
> folders that I don't think is correct.

Yes, the "Downloads" value is special. The schema should document that
but doesn't; can you file a bug for that?

> And, the relative path should
> start at where the desktop starts (this is my entry point and the point
> from where I start epiphany), so that '~/' should not be necessary.

No, Epiphany is free to store its preferences in whatever format is most
convenient for its use, since it offers an UI for this preference
(Edit->Prefs, Downloads folder).

Regards,
	Christian