Epiphany is useless in AMD64

Hello,

I'm running the AMD64 port of Debian (Sarge) in my laptop and have found
that Epiphany is extremely unstable in this architecture, actually, I
should say it is totally useless. It crashes with almost every single
web site I visit. An example is http://kernel.org where Epiphany
consistently dies. By contrast, both Mozilla and Firefox run flawlessly.

The Epiphany version I run is 1.4.8 with Linux kernel 2.6.11.4.
There is an open bug report in Debian's BTS at

but no solution is available. Is there anyone in this list running
64-bit Epiphany who can comment?

Thanks,

--
Pedro

PS. When Epiphany crashes I'm given the option to "inform developers"
but unfortunately the buddy-bug report tool "spins" forever and never
comes back.