Re: Popup Blocker UI

Hi Adam,

> - - It's not easy to notice that a popup was blocked -- the icon is not
> obtrusive. On the one hand this makes it easy to ignore popups; on the
> other, it's hard to see why a website isn't working. However, if I make

> - - The icon is not accessible. A handicapped user can do per-site popup
> blocking but not necessarily allow a specific popup.

Question: what's the rationale for showing that icon on the statusbar
instead of the notification area, like the download notification icon?

In any case I've noticed that the typing monitor notification, which
starts blinking after x time, always manages to draw my attention.

I don't know if the notification area has special handling of a11y issues
but instead of handling it yourself you could leave it to the a11y team.
:)

> - - The "View" menu doesn't seem to be the proper place to put popup
> blocking.
>
> Can anybody offer some UI suggestions?

I suggested it before and I'll do it again: I would _love_ to have a
toolbar checkbox widget for this.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778