stock-icons not showing

Good Day,

I've been using various versions of epiphany for some time now (currently
1.1.12). The tiny detail which drives me bonkers though is that some icons
in the menus, as well as the "spinner" are not showing (just the dorky
placeholders). I *did* install the latest gnome-icon-theme, albeit in what
people might call "non-standard-location". Is there a xyz.gnome.config -
file where I must report this to?

It affects all those icons defined in ephy-stock-icons.h.

TIA, regards

Andreas