Re: Tab grouping extension.

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 08:59 -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:
> Justin Wake wrote:
> > Well, after missing the tab grouping for a few releases, I finally got
> > off my butt and rewrote it, first as a patch for 1.3.3/1.3.5 and then,
> > this afternoon, as a proper extension.
>
> Oh, another question about your code (which I scanned but didn't
> investigate fully): Why do you store a GSList of tabs? Couldn't you
> simply store a *single* pointer to the tab after which new tabs should
> be added? Or an integer representing how far to the right new tabs
> should go?

Actually, I was just thinking that myself; that code is based mostly on
the old tab grouping code in ephy 1.3.0, which used GLists, but now that
I look at it again I can't see why they're needed. Storing a single
pointer looks like it should be more than sufficient.

I've changed the code to do just that; I'm also rewriting parts of it
following your previous suggestion to ensure that the extension can be
safely unloaded, as well as removing a bit of redundant code and
cleaning it all up a little - Thanks for the tips :)

Assuming I don't code myself into a small buggy corner, I should have a
new version of the extension ready and tested in an hour or two.

--
Justin Wake