1.3.5 and MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

I have been steadily upgrading epiphany from source (via garnome) for
awhile now and after upgrading to 1.3.5 I am getting this error:

[jgbiggs gort jgbiggs]$ epiphany
Warning: MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME not set.
No Persistent Registry Found.
Type Manifest File: /home/jgbiggs/components/xpti.dat
###!!! ASSERTION: Failed to write xpti manifest!: 'Error', file
xptiInterfaceInf oManager.cpp, line 1936
Break: at file xptiInterfaceInfoManager.cpp, line 1936
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering FAILED
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering FAILED
WARNING: Could not AutoRegister, file nsEmbedAPI.cpp, line 109
nsStringStats
 => mAllocCount: 10
 => mReallocCount: 7
 => mFreeCount: 3
 => mShareCount: 30
 => mAdoptCount: 0
 => mAdoptFreeCount: 0

Is the solution as simple as setting the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment
variable?  I am running mozilla1.7 rc3 installed to /opt/gnome-2.7.4  If
so what should it be set to?

Thanks