Epiphany issues

I really like epiphany, especially the book mark manager, but I have
two issues that have been bothering me and I would like to get some
discussion on them if at all possible.  Btw, I'm using the Epiphany
version in Debian Unstable on powerpc.
First, this is a long standing gripe that when I start epiphany or ask
it for a new tab, the focus goes to window and as I have a blank
homepage, its pretty much useless.  I would much rather the focus went
into the location bar so that when I open the browser or ask for a new
tab I can start telling epiphany where I want to go immediately with
out hitting extra keys(C-L).
The second issue is one that appeared in the last version or so.  When
Im trying to scroll through text on a page I just went to without
clicking anywhere and I hit the down key and it scrolls all the way to
the bottom.  Also when I have clicked anywhere on the browsing window,
I see the cursor scrolling through the text.  I don't know any other
browser that has this type of behavior and it is actually very
annoying.  I would much rather the old behavior that is very much like
the pager 'less'.  I think this behavior is much more intuitive
because the page is very much read only and I feel its better to look
at the browser window like its a pager window.

I would love to hear why epiphany does things in that way.  Please CC
me on any replies as I am not subscribed to the list.  Thanks.
--
Scott Henson <scotth csee wvu edu>