Re: Dictionnary search extension

Am Mo, den 26.04.2004 um 15:29 Uhr +0200 schrieb Martijn Anthonissen:
> Though not completely what you're asking for: check out smart bookmarks.
> They can make it very easy to look up stuff in a dictionary or database
> too. See
>    http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/smartbookmarks.html
>
> If you set up a smart bookmarks for your favorite dictionary, looking up
> a word from a webpage is as easy as:
> - select word
> - open new tab
> - paste word in location bar with middle mouse button
> - select your dictionary from the drop down list.
>
> Martijn

This is OK for looking up something occasionally. But when reading pages
with lots of words unknown to me, I often wish for sth. more convenient.
IMHO a good way would be to change the behaviour of the middle button.
Atm, if you select <text> and click it, then in the current tab
"keyword: <text>" is opened. I would suggest:

- Click and hold middle button: pop up a menu with the smart bookmarks.
Open a new tab for the choice.

- Just click middle button: open a new tab with the last selected smart
bookmark.

Maybe even always change focus to the new tab ignoring the jumpto_tab
setting (or adding a similar configuration entry just for this).

What do you think?

Bastian