/etc/hosts and DNS Behavior

Is there any provision for Epiphany to use the version of /etc/hosts
that was written when the active instance of Epiphany was launched?

What I'd like to be able to do would be to have a version of /etc/hosts
that gets read upon launching one instance of epiphany (and possibly any
other instances started by using Ctrl-N).

Then, I'd like to be able to modify /etc/hosts, launch another instance
of Epiphany that used the modified version of /etc/hosts.

Each instance would remember the hosts file in effect at launch.

This way, I could simultaneously review a development and production
version of the same website merely by modifying my hosts file.

If there's a system-level or Epiphany workaround that I'm not thinking
of, that'd be great, too!

Thanks!

-tfo

P.S. Currently, the default behavior seems to be to use the /etc/hosts
in effect at the launch of the first instance of Epiphany, regardless of
how the window was launched (I.e., whether command-line or New Window).