[Epiphany] Default Applications for opening URLs

Hello Everyone,

Well, I seem to have got off on a bad foot already, by hitting the send
button before I'd even written the body of the email. I promise not to
be so careless in future: blame the Enigmail plugin in Mozilla.

I would like to make a suggestion for the next version of epiphany,
which is to do with default applications for loading certain URLs, for
instance IRC urls (a good example being the IRC chat link for epiphany
on the epiphany website). As my current setup stands, I click on the
link and I get the following error message: "Epiphany cannot handle this
protocol, and no GNOME default handler is set". The error message is
clear and concise, but it doesn't provide any opportunity to correct it,
such as providing an application link to the appropriate GNOME facility
to set the default application (if such a facility exists: I have only
seen the GNOME application preferences tool for browser, text editor,
mail reader etc). I believe this would be a much nicer solution to the
problem.

I would like to continue to help with epiphany as much as my time will
allow, as I believe it's a great browser that just plain works. You
can't say that for many of the alternatives...

Thanks for all your time,
Iain McGinniss

P.S: apologies once again for the stray email