Re: [Epiphany] Building on Redhat 9

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 18:02, Bruce Alderson wrote:
> A short tutorial for building on RH9:
>
> http://warpedvisions.org/archives/000146.shtml#000146

Cool stuff, thanks for this. I have discovered a secret, though: You
don't have to build Mozilla 1.4a from scratch! The RH 8 RPMs in the
contrib directory work just fine. :) (Find them at
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.4b/contributed/Red_Hat_8x_RPMS/gtk2/i386/. Sorry about the inevitable URL breakage.

Also, I find that whenever I build gnome applications on RedHat, it's
good to get into the habit of using the following configure:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

This is not technically required on all gnome apps, but it doesn't hurt,
and usually you'll have less problems that way with Bonobo, libraries
linking, config files, etc.

> Excuse the inline-editorial ;-)

Hmm, I must have missed it because I have no idea what you're talking
about. :)

Stephen