[Epiphany] CVS compile AM_CXXFLAGS

A while ago Edd Dumbill submitted a patch to not clobber CXXFLAGS[1]
by adding AC_SUBST(AM_CXXFLAGS) in configure.in.  I haven't been able
to compile since then.  When running autogen.sh:

Running aclocal -I /home/eric/garnome/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros  ...
aclocal: configure.in: 126: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 133: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 158: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 172: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library

**Error**: `aclocal' failed. Please fix the warnings
(probably missing development files) and try again.

There are errors before that about adding codeset.m4 and such to
aclocal.m4 or the autoconf macro directory, but those have happened
before and not caused problems.

Maybe it's looking in /usr/* instead of $HOME/garnome/* for macros?

aclocal is 1.6.3, but it happens with 1.4-p6 too.

Has anyone seen this?

-eric

[1] http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/epiphany/2003-May/000708.html