[Epiphany] Re: Epiphany RPM packages for RH9

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Dag Wieers wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 2003, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
>
> > Dag Wieers writes:
> >
> > > I'm building epiphany RPM packages for RH9, you can find these at:
> >
> > If you're going to do this, could you build them against blizzard's Moz rpms
> > available at ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/experimental/gtk2.
> > These tend to be the best mozilla RPMs around and are pretty widely used.
>
> I can't do that, sorry. My repository is self-contained and I cannot and
> will not depend on packages outside my repository. (Apt doesn't work like
> that anyhow.)
>
> The only exception to date is my mozilla-j2re packages, because I'm not
> allowed to package and distributed j2re.
>
> On the upside though, I have used blizzard's original source RPM and made
> some improvements. I was planning to send them upstream today. So
> there's a small chance that future blizzard RPMs use some of my changes.
>
> However nothing to be scared of.

And for what it's worth, there aren't any Mozilla 1.4b packages from
blizzard available yet.

And the ones that are available don't have a proper release tag. So they
probably have to increase the epoch once again to make sure they're being
updated. *sigh*

--   dag wieers,  dag@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
«Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors»